Why Work at Versalift?
It is an exciting time to work for Versalift as a CNC Machinist (2nd shift) since more and more people around the world depend upon us.
Because so much of the power grid is connected through overhead means, a number of governments and municipalities classify our company as essential activity for critical infrastructure. Customers use Time/Versalift products to provide electric and stand-by power for a variety of organizations like hospitals, grocery stores, workplaces and people’s homes. Our aerial lifts are used by municipalities and State Departments of Transportation in the service of highway lighting, traffic signals and signage to help keep people safer on the road. Tree care companies and forest services need bucket trucks to care for and maintain trees on public and private lands. Public works departments use our products to maintain bridges essential for ground transportation.
To achieve our vision of uninterrupted access to the products and services for our customers, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating modern work vehicles that exceed our customers’ expectations.
It’s not just a job. It’s a passion. It’s a pledge. We collaborate every day with creative, committed people who transform methods for creating the best aerial lift products and services. At the core of it all, is the opportunity to innovate, create and manufacture new technologies to improve work effectiveness and enhance safety.
If that sounds like you, we want you to apply.
About Versalift, a Time Manufacturing Company
Versalift is an engineering, manufacturing and service company whose people focus on improvements to bucket trucks, cable placers, digger derricks and other utility trucks. The company has continued to deliver the safest, most reliable and highest quality bucket trucks to its’ customers, in a variety of industries, for nearly six decades.
Versalift believes that diversity creates an environment in which our employees can flourish. We understand the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
Our locations feature a variety of work environments. Headquartered in Waco, Texas, Versalift provides products and operates technical and sales offices, manufacturing sites, and distributors globally. To learn more, visit versalift.com.
CNC Machinist (2nd shift) Job Description
Versalift is looking for an experienced CNC Machinist who can run a variety of CNC machines and help to enhance the productivity of our organization. The successful candidate will perform work quality checks and monitor machine output each hour and generate comprehensive reports for management. If you are a skilled CNC Operator with 5+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment, we encourage you to submit a resume for this position. This qualified applicant must have an ability to grow into a supervisory position for 2nd
CNC Machinist (2nd shift) QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in Machine Tool Technology or 5+ years of experience operating CNC equipment.
- Must be able to comprehend and follow the written schedule.
- Knowledge of programming and operating CNC equipment.
- Ability to work in heat, cold, dust, and noise.
- Must be able to function as part of a team to meet department and Company goal.
- Must be able to work shifts and hours as required, which could include weekends.
- Ability to use measuring equipment.
- Ability to perform moderate math calculations.
- High School Diploma/GED.
CNC Machinist (2nd shift) JOB DUTIES INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Operate CNC machining equipment.
- Cross Train on the Laser and Burn Tables.
- Read drawings, determine critical dimensions/tolerances/diameters, and calculate conversion between decimals and fractions.
- Assists with numeric controlled programming
- Perform inspection of machined parts.
- Use measuring equipment to verify conformance to specifications.
- Load and unload components and tooling.
- Ability to effectively assist and train new/current associates.
- Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and practices to include proper use and care of PPE.
- Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read and comprehend work orders.
- Must be able to safely operate pallet jacks and hoists.
- Ability to supervise employees on the 2nd shift in a backup capacity.
Versalift is committed to providing our associates with a full spectrum of benefits because we know when you’re healthy—physically, financially, and emotionally—you can perform at your best. We also know that health and retirement benefits play an important role in attracting great people.
Our full range of benefits include:
- Health insurance – medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plan
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- MD Live program
- 401(k), with a company match
- Paid holidays and vacation time available
- Hearing Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance
- Life Planning and Legal Resources
- And more.
Time Manufacturing – Versalift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Time Manufacturing – Versalift is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Time Manufacturing – Versalift are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Time Manufacturing – Versalift will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Time Manufacturing – Versalift encourages applicants of all ages.
Pay is D.O.E.