Why Work at Versalift?
It is an exciting time to work for Versalift as an Hydraulic Assembler as more and more people around the world depend upon us.
Because so much of the power grid is connected through overhead means, a number of governments and municipalities classify our company as essential activity for critical infrastructure. Customers use Time/Versalift products to provide electric and stand-by power for a variety of organizations like hospitals, grocery stores, workplaces and people’s homes. Our aerial lifts are used by municipalities and State Departments of Transportation in the service of highway lighting, traffic signals and signage to help keep people safer on the road. Tree care companies and forest services need bucket trucks to care for and maintain trees on public and private lands. Public works departments use our products to maintain bridges essential for ground transportation.
To achieve our vision of uninterrupted access to the products and services for our customers, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating modern work vehicles that exceed our customers’ expectations.
It’s not just a job. It’s a passion. It’s a pledge. We collaborate every day with creative, committed people who transform methods for creating the best aerial lift products and services. At the core of it all, is the opportunity to innovate, create and manufacture new technologies to improve work effectiveness and enhance safety.
If that sounds like you, we want you to apply.
About Versalift, a Time Manufacturing Company
Versalift is an engineering, manufacturing and service company whose people focus on improvements to bucket trucks, cable placers, digger derricks and other utility trucks. The company has continued to deliver the safest, most reliable and highest quality bucket trucks to its’ customers, in a variety of industries, for nearly six decades.
Versalift believes that diversity creates an environment in which our employees can flourish. We understand the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
Our locations feature a variety of work environments. Headquartered in Waco, Texas, Versalift provides products and operates technical and sales offices, manufacturing sites, and distributors globally. To learn more, visit versalift.com.
Hydraulic Assembler Job Description
Read hydraulic schematics and diagrams to install all the hydraulic components and properly connect them to make Versalift units operational. Test and run all functions during installation and test phases of the assembly process to ensure the highest quality machine be delivered to the customer.
Hydraulic Assembler QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to lift items up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, crawl under and climb on chassis and bodies used for mounting.
- Ability to properly use shop tools, electric, and pneumatic hand tools.
- Ability to read and comprehend blue prints, schematics, and instruction manuals.
- Ability to read measuring devices – tape measures, dial indicator, level, etc.
- Knowledge of vehicle wiring and mechanical functions.
- Knowledge in the use of available lifting equipment such as overhead cranes, jib hoist, jacks, and forklifts.
- Ability to troubleshoot malfunctions of mounted units.
- Must be able to work flexible hours when required.
- Must have ability to work in a manufacturing environment subject to extremes in heat, cold, noise, dust, and fumes.
Hydraulic Assembler JOB DUTIES INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Install truck hydraulic components including, PTO and hydraulic pump, auxiliary diesel engines, valves, relief, hoses and other associated parts.
- Must ensure the cleanliness of the hydraulic components and systems.
- Build hose assemblies.
- Must be able to fabricate and install brackets and mounting hardware to install any of the above components.
- Must be able to trouble shoot, fix and document any problems that arise from the hydraulic of the installation of any component.
- Perform start-up of hydraulic systems. Set reliefs and flows using pressure gauges and flow meters.
- Make sure all of this is done in accordance to current prints, specifications and the specifications of the manufacturers’ components. If any discrepancies exist, it is the hydraulic assembler’s responsibility to report them to the Production Manager or management’s representative.
- Install 12-volt wiring to valves.
- Wire 120/240-volt generators and outlets that are installed on units.
- Complete daily timecards with appropriate time, job and task numbers.
- Must not be afraid of heights.
Versalift is committed to providing our associates with a full spectrum of benefits because we know when you’re healthy—physically, financially, and emotionally—you can perform at your best. We also know that health and retirement benefits play an important role in attracting great people.
Our full range of benefits include:
- Health insurance – medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plan
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- MD Live program
- 401(k), with a company match
- Paid holidays and vacation time available
- Hearing Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance
- Life Planning and Legal Resources
- And more.
Time Manufacturing – Versalift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Time Manufacturing – Versalift is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Time Manufacturing – Versalift are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Time Manufacturing – Versalift will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Time Manufacturing – Versalift encourages applicants of all ages.
Pay is D.O.E.