Performs all tasks required for complete mounting of aerial lifts. Service bodies and lift options on designed chassis, per specifications with minimum supervision.
Job Duties included but not limited to:
- Identify all lifts models and components necessary for mounting.
- Layout, cut, and install service bodies to specifications.
- Locate and mount lift in proper position using prints, manuals, and/or engineering assistance
- Install PTO’s, belt drive or other pump system as required.
- Plumb lift system, dump bodies, and outriggers as required.
- Wire start/stop, throttle controls, lights and other electrical devices as required.
- Check and adjust hydraulic pressures per lift specifications.
- Stability test completed mounting using specified loads.
- Check all lifts, chassis and option functions for proper operation.
- Complete test forms and maintain time records.
- Perform other task as needed to provide a safe, clean environment and assist in meeting production demands of other departments if needed.
- Maintain personal tool inventory as required by Company.
- Ability to lift items up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, crawl under and climb on chassis and bodies used for mounting.
- Ability to properly use shop tools, electric, and pneumatic hand tools.
- Ability to read and comprehend blue prints, schematics, and instruction manuals.
- Skillful in the use of oxygen/acetylene and plasma cutting equipment.
- Skilled in wire-feed welding – Certified by Time Welding Department.
- Ability to read measuring devices – tape measures, dial indicator, level, etc.
- Knowledge of vehicle wiring and mechanical functions.
- Knowledge in the use of available lifting equipment such as overhead cranes, jib hoist, jacks, and forklifts.
- Ability to troubleshoot malfunctions of mounted units.
- Must be able to work flexible hours when required.
- Must have ability to work in a manufacturing environment subject to extremes in heat, cold, noise, dust, and fumes.
About Versalift, a Time Manufacturing Company
Since 1965, VERSALIFT – A TIME MANUFACTURING COMPANY has led the way with innovative designs and safety measures that has truly changed the industry forever. Innovation comes from listening to the need of our customers and designing products that meet or exceed those needs.
From the first aerial lift 50 years ago, to the first articulated telescopic machine over 30 years ago, the groundbreaking ELECTROGUARD in the mid 80’S or the most recent introduction of TRUGUARD technology, VERSALIFT has been the industry leader for more than half a century.
While headquartered in Waco Texas, Versalift is not only a national company but an international one as well. With locations in Texas, Oregon, Tennessee, North Carolina, Ohio, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, France, the United Kingdom and Denmark, we are continually looking for the best employees to carry on the tradition of excellence at Versalift.
We offer a full range of benefits including 401(k), Vacation, Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance.