Why Work at Versalift?
It is an exciting time to work for Versalift as an Assembler since more and more people around the world depend upon us.
Because so much of the power grid is connected through overhead means, a number of governments and municipalities classify our company as essential activity for critical infrastructure. Customers use Time/Versalift products to provide electric and stand-by power for a variety of organizations like hospitals, grocery stores, workplaces and people’s homes. Our aerial lifts are used by municipalities and State Departments of Transportation in the service of highway lighting, traffic signals and signage to help keep people safer on the road. Tree care companies and forest services need bucket trucks to care for and maintain trees on public and private lands. Public works departments use our products to maintain bridges essential for ground transportation.
To achieve our vision of uninterrupted access to the products and services for our customers, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating modern work vehicles that exceed our customers’ expectations.
It’s not just a job. It’s a passion. It’s a pledge. We collaborate every day with creative, committed people who transform methods for creating the best aerial lift products and services. At the core of it all, is the opportunity to innovate, create and manufacture new technologies to improve work effectiveness and enhance safety.
If that sounds like you, we want you to apply.
About Versalift, a Time Manufacturing Company
Versalift is an engineering, manufacturing and service company whose people focus on improvements to bucket trucks, cable placers, digger derricks and other utility trucks. The company has continued to deliver the safest, most reliable and highest quality bucket trucks to its’ customers, in a variety of industries, for nearly six decades.
Versalift believes that diversity creates an environment in which our employees can flourish. We understand the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
Our locations feature a variety of work environments. Headquartered in Waco, Texas, Versalift provides products and operates technical and sales offices, manufacturing sites, and distributors globally. To learn more, visit versalift.com.
Assembler Job Description
This position needs to have an ability to work with hand and power tools. Follow correct designs and work orders to build various Versalift products. Must have own tools.
Assembler QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be proficient in the use of hand and air powered tools and able to recognize their need for repair.
- Must be able to comprehend and follow the written schedule.
- Physical ability to install 90 lb. extension cylinder into inner boom, able to install completed inner boom into the outer boom with assistance.
- Ability to work in heat, cold, dust, and noise.
- Must be able to function as part of a team to meet department and Company goal.
- Must be able to work shifts and hours as required, which could include weekends.
- Must have own tools.
Assembler JOB DUTIES INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Identify Inner Boom to be assembled according to the schedule and move it to the work area.
- Identify the correct rack parts and place them in the work area.
- Read the work order to determine all requirements for booms.
- Assemble inner boom following steps as laid out in the design.
- Select the correct outer boom and move it to the assembly rack (being careful not to damage paint job).
- Slide the completed inner boom into the outer boom and install slide pads
- Maintain housekeeping in designated areas.
- Maintain usable level of hardware in bins.
- Exercise proper care and storage of Company tools.
- Perform all functions within guidelines of prescribed safety standards.
- Other related duties as required.
- Must maintain personal hand tools as required by Company.
- Must be able to read and comprehend work orders, hydraulic and electric schematics.
- Must be able to safely operate pallet jacks and hoists.
Versalift is committed to providing our associates with a full spectrum of benefits because we know when you’re healthy—physically, financially, and emotionally—you can perform at your best. We also know that health and retirement benefits play an important role in attracting great people.
Our full range of benefits include:
- Health insurance – medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plan
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- MD Live program
- 401(k), with a company match
- Paid holidays and vacation time available
- Hearing Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance
- Life Planning and Legal Resources
- And more.
Time Manufacturing – Versalift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Time Manufacturing – Versalift is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Time Manufacturing – Versalift are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Time Manufacturing – Versalift will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Time Manufacturing – Versalift encourages applicants of all ages.
Pay is D.O.E.