Using accepted state of the art engineering principles, responsible for the design, re-design and the documentation of such, as they relate to the design and manufacture of aerial lifts. Must be fluent in Mandarin.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for product improvements and updates.
- Assist in the design, development, and testing of new product.
- New option designs.
- Documentation of product specifications.
- Assist in documentation of production test and inspection criteria.
- Assist in product costing reviews.
- Structure and maintenance of bill of materials.
- Assist in alternate source approvals.
- Documentation and updating of engineering standards.
- Provide service support when needed.
- Assist in application engineering.
- Assist in production training.
- Other related duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of CAD system and its use.
- Knowledge of strength of materials and ability to do related engineering calculations.
- Knowledge of accepted drafting principles.
- Skill in writing reports.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to plan and conduct effective meetings.
- Must be Bilingual in Mandarin
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
This position requires a four year degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related degree with 2 to 3 years of experience in the design of related product. Some design of hydraulic systems preferred, but not required. Must be able to work with our Chinese clients.
Experience with FEA software helpful but not required.
Versalift a Time Manufacturing Company, is situated on 28 acres in Waco, Texas where two state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, with over 300,000 square feet under roof, comprise one of the premier factories of its kind in the world. Through vertical integration Time monitors and maintains the quality of all products from the initial purchase of steel all the way through final testing. With over 50 years of experience in the aerial lift industry, Versalift continues to adapt to changing markets, in a changing world, with a clear commitment to quality through unequaled innovative design and manufacturing.
Aerial lifts have been the focus of Versalift in its effort to continue to innovate its engineering and manufacturing processes, and the company has continued to deliver the safest, most reliable and highest quality bucket trucks to its customers, in a variety of industries, for more than 50 years. If you are responsible for a fleet that maintains electrical power distribution or transmission lines, telecommunication lines, lighting, signage and traffic signals, or forests and parks, Versalift’s high-quality, safe and reliable catalog of bucket trucks is essential to your future success.
Job Type: Full-time