Why Work at Versalift?
It is an exciting time to work for Versalift as an Design Engineer since more and more people around the world depend upon us. Must be fluent in Mandarin.
Because so much of the power grid is connected through overhead means, a number of governments and municipalities classify our company as essential activity for critical infrastructure. Customers use Time/Versalift products to provide electric and stand-by power for a variety of organizations like hospitals, grocery stores, workplaces and people’s homes. Our aerial lifts are used by municipalities and State Departments of Transportation in the service of highway lighting, traffic signals and signage to help keep people safer on the road. Tree care companies and forest services need bucket trucks to care for and maintain trees on public and private lands. Public works departments use our products to maintain bridges essential for ground transportation.
To achieve our vision of uninterrupted access to the products and services for our customers, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating modern work vehicles that exceed our customers’ expectations.
It’s not just a job. It’s a passion. It’s a pledge. We collaborate every day with creative, committed people who transform methods for creating the best aerial lift products and services. At the core of it all, is the opportunity to innovate, create and manufacture new technologies to improve work effectiveness and enhance safety.
If that sounds like you, we want you to apply.
About Versalift, a Time Manufacturing Company
Versalift is an engineering, manufacturing and service company whose people focus on improvements to bucket trucks, cable placers, digger derricks and other utility trucks. The company has continued to deliver the safest, most reliable and highest quality bucket trucks to its’ customers, in a variety of industries, for nearly six decades.
Versalift believes that diversity creates an environment in which our employees can flourish. We understand the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
Our locations feature a variety of work environments. Headquartered in Waco, Texas, Versalift provides products and operates technical and sales offices, manufacturing sites, and distributors globally. To learn more, visit versalift.com.
Design Engineer Job Description
Using accepted state of the art engineering principles, responsible for the design, re-design and the documentation of such, as they relate to the design and manufacture of aerial lifts. Must be fluent in Mandarin.
Design Engineer QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
- This position requires a four year degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related degree with 2 to 3 years of experience in the design of related product.
- Must be Bilingual in Mandarin.
- Must be able to work with our Chinese clients.
- Knowledge of CAD system and its use.
- Knowledge of strength of materials and ability to do related engineering calculations.
- Knowledge of accepted drafting principles.
- Skill in writing reports.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to plan and conduct effective meetings.
- Some design of hydraulic systems preferred, but not required.
- Experience with FEA software helpful but not required.
Design Engineer JOB DUTIES INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for product improvements and updates.
- Assist in the design, development, and testing of new product.
- New option designs.
- Documentation of product specifications.
- Assist in documentation of production test and inspection criteria.
- Assist in product costing reviews.
- Structure and maintenance of bill of materials.
- Assist in alternate source approvals.
- Documentation and updating of engineering standards.
- Provide service support when needed.
- Assist in application engineering.
- Assist in production training.
- Other related duties as required.
Versalift is committed to providing our associates with a full spectrum of benefits because we know when you’re healthy—physically, financially, and emotionally—you can perform at your best. We also know that health and retirement benefits play an important role in attracting great people.
Our full range of benefits include:
- Health insurance – medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plan
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- MD Live program
- 401(k), with a company match
- Paid holidays and vacation time available
- Hearing Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance
- Life Planning and Legal Resources
- And more.
$50,000 – $60,000 Annually
Time Manufacturing – Versalift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Time Manufacturing – Versalift is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Time Manufacturing – Versalift are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Time Manufacturing – Versalift will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Time Manufacturing – Versalift encourages applicants of all ages.
Pay is D.O.E.