Why Work at Versalift?
It is an exciting time to work for Versalift as an Installation Welder as more and more people around the world depend upon us.
Because so much of the power grid is connected through overhead means, a number of governments and municipalities classify our company as essential activity for critical infrastructure. Customers use Time/Versalift products to provide electric and stand-by power for a variety of organizations like hospitals, grocery stores, workplaces and people’s homes. Our aerial lifts are used by municipalities and State Departments of Transportation in the service of highway lighting, traffic signals and signage to help keep people safer on the road. Tree care companies and forest services need bucket trucks to care for and maintain trees on public and private lands. Public works departments use our products to maintain bridges essential for ground transportation.
To achieve our vision of uninterrupted access to the products and services for our customers, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating modern work vehicles that exceed our customers’ expectations.
It’s not just a job. It’s a passion. It’s a pledge. We collaborate every day with creative, committed people who transform methods for creating the best aerial lift products and services. At the core of it all, is the opportunity to innovate, create and manufacture new technologies to improve work effectiveness and enhance safety.
If that sounds like you, we want you to apply.
About Versalift, a Time Manufacturing Company
Versalift is an engineering, manufacturing and service company whose people focus on improvements to bucket trucks, cable placers, digger derricks and other utility trucks. The company has continued to deliver the safest, most reliable and highest quality bucket trucks to its’ customers, in a variety of industries, for nearly six decades.
Versalift believes that diversity creates an environment in which our employees can flourish. We understand the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
Our locations feature a variety of work environments. Headquartered in Waco, Texas, Versalift provides products and operates technical and sales offices, manufacturing sites, and distributors globally. To learn more, visit versalift.com.
Installation Welder Job Description
This position will be responsible for a variety of weld procedures based on specific customization of the truck bodies and lifts to be installed.
Installation Welder QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 2 years’ experience as an Installation Welder.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, process routings, and schematics for installation of various truck and body components onto truck chassis using torch, welder, winches, and hand tools.
- Experience operating hand and power tools, soldering and fault-testing equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment such as simple hand tools and hand-powered hydraulic material handling devices.
- Has good mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all team members.
- Has the ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a responsible manner
- Ability to recognize potential safety hazards and take appropriate actions to minimize risks.
- Ability to lift and manipulate 50 pounds.
- Ability to use tools as required to perform minor repairs.
- Ability to work unsupervised in certain conditions to perform tasks.
- Good communication skills.
Installation Welder JOB DUTIES INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Constructing and fabricating parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Identify parts to be repaired or replaced.
- Identify replacement parts in manuals and to be requisitioned.
- Have tools to perform assigned repair tasks.
- Ability to understand welding instructions which includes but not limited to reading and interpreting diagrams, work orders, and reports to welding materials.
- Weld metal components and parts using specialized equipment such as gas welders and gas torches.
- Plan work by interpreting blueprints.
- Observe welded surfaces to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
- Use hand tools and equipment in a safe manner to complete assemblies.
- Maintain tools and equipment in working condition.
- Troubleshoot basic issues and problems.
- Flex into other areas and departments as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Versalift is committed to providing our associates with a full spectrum of benefits because we know when you’re healthy—physically, financially, and emotionally—you can perform at your best. We also know that health and retirement benefits play an important role in attracting great people.
Our full range of benefits include:
- Health insurance – medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plan
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- MD Live program
- 401(k), with a company match
- Paid holidays and vacation time available
- Hearing Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance
- Life Planning and Legal Resources
- And more.
Time Manufacturing – Versalift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Time Manufacturing – Versalift is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Time Manufacturing – Versalift are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Time Manufacturing – Versalift will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Time Manufacturing – Versalift encourages applicants of all ages.
Pay is D.O.E.